Organizations, Resources and Sites
- Built in America
The Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) and the Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) collections are among the largest and most heavily used in the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress.
- David Library of the American Revolution (Washington Crossing, PA)
- Delaware & Raritan Canal History
- Delaware River Towns Chamber of Commerce
A business organization dedicated for more than 30 years to a healthy economy in the City of Lambertville and the surrounding area.
- Goodspeed Histories (Hunterdon County and West NJ history and genealogy)
- History of the New Hope-Lambertville Bridge
This historic span was legislated in 1812 and completed in 1814.
- Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum
- Howell Living History Farm
- Hunterdon County Cultural & Heritage Commission
For the development of programs to promote interest and participation in and understanding of local history, arts, cultural values and goals of the community and state.
- The Kalmia Club
An active civic force in the community providing scholarships to local high school girls and supporting local charities. It contributes to various international, national and statewide activities.
- Lambertville City Planning Board: 2001 Historic Preservation Plan
- Lambertville Transportation Chronology
- Mount Hope Cemetery at Lambertville
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
Preserve and protect landscapes, buildings, and neighborhoods that have played a meaningful role in our past. We want future generations to be able to experience and discover their own connections to these places as well.
- New Jersey Historic Preservation Office
New Jersey’s Historic Preservation Office, located within the Department of Environmental Protection, brings expertise in a variety of fields essential to preserving historic resources.
- New Jersey Historical Commission
The mission of the New Jersey Historical Commission is to enrich the lives of the public by preserving the historical record and advancing interest in and awareness of New Jersey’s past.
- Plans and Sources For Doing a House History, from Marfy Goodspeed’s Jan. 2019 Presentation
- Preservation New Jersey
Preservation New Jersey advocates for and promotes historic preservation as a sustainable strategy to protect and enhance the vitality and heritage of New Jersey’s richly diverse communities.
- Revolutionary War Sites in Lambertville
- Sons of Union Veterans of The Civil War – Lambertville, NJ
Organizing various projects to keep alive the memory of our ancestors’ exploits and histories, and undertaking restoration projects and historical research.
- Spirit of the Jerseys State History Fair
- Technical Preservation Services/National Park Service
Develops historic preservation policy and guidance on preserving and rehabilitating historic buildings, administers the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives Program for rehabilitating historic buildings.
- 1795-1948 Images of Lambertville’s Postal History, from the collection of Jim Walker
- 1903 Book, Early History of Lambertville, N.J. by Sarah A. Gallagher
- 1928 Book, General Washington at Coryell’s Ferry by Hannah Coryell Anderson
- 1939 Documentary, Lambertville in the 1930’s
- 1949 Movie, The Lambertville Story, starring Paul Whiteman, written and directed by Justin Herman
- 1950 Radio program, This is Lambertville, as re-enacted in 2018 by the Lambertville Historical Society
- 1994 TV show, Lambertville, NJ, hosted by Mayor David DelVecchio
- 2013 Book: In the Beacon Light, Lambertville, NJ 1860 to 1900, by Sharon Bisaha
- 2014 Documentary, Magic on Music Mountain, produced by Gary P. Cohen
- 2015 Book: The Road Along the Rocks 1758: The Bungtown Road, by John and Barbara Hencheck
- 2017 Report: Lasting Influences of Pre-Twentieth Century Industrialization in Lambertville, NJ, by Jesse Riegel
- Historic Images of Lambertville by West Jersey History Project
- Contemporary Images of Historic Lambertville by the Lambertville Historical Society
- 1851 map of Lambertville and Hunterdon County created by Lloyd Van Derveer & S.C. Cornell
- 1883 map of Lambertville created by O.H. Bailey & Co.
- 1885-1923 maps of Lambertville created by The Sanborn Map Company