Organizations, Resources and Sites
- Built in America
The Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) and the Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) collections are among the largest and most heavily used in the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress.
- David Library of the American Revolution (Washington Crossing, PA)
- Delaware & Raritan Canal History
- Greater Lambertville Chamber of Commerce
A business organization dedicated for more than 30 years to a healthy economy in the City of Lambertville and the surrounding area.
- Goodspeed Histories (Hunterdon County and West NJ history and genealogy)
- History of the New Hope-Lambertville Bridge
This historic span was legislated in 1812 and completed in 1814.
- Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum
- Howell Living History Farm
- Hunterdon County Cultural & Heritage Commission
For the development of programs to promote interest and participation in and understanding of local history, arts, cultural values and goals of the community and state.
- The Kalmia Club
An active civic force in the community providing scholarships to local high school girls and supporting local charities. It contributes to various international, national and statewide activities.
- Lambertville City Planning Board: 2001 Historic Preservation Plan
- Lambertville Historic District: Summary at LivingPlaces.com
- Lambertville Transportation Chronology
- Mount Hope Cemetery at Lambertville
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
Preserve and protect landscapes, buildings, and neighborhoods that have played a meaningful role in our past. We want future generations to be able to experience and discover their own connections to these places as well.
- New Jersey Historic Preservation Office
New Jersey’s Historic Preservation Office, located within the Department of Environmental Protection, brings expertise in a variety of fields essential to preserving historic resources.
- New Jersey Historical Commission
The mission of the New Jersey Historical Commission is to enrich the lives of the public by preserving the historical record and advancing interest in and awareness of New Jersey’s past.
- Plans and Sources For Doing a House History, from Marfy Goodspeed’s Jan. 2019 Presentation
- Preservation New Jersey
Preservation New Jersey advocates for and promotes historic preservation as a sustainable strategy to protect and enhance the vitality and heritage of New Jersey’s richly diverse communities.
- Revolutionary War Sites in Lambertville
- Sons of Union Veterans of The Civil War – Lambertville, NJ
Organizing various projects to keep alive the memory of our ancestors’ exploits and histories, and undertaking restoration projects and historical research.
- Spirit of the Jerseys State History Fair
- Technical Preservation Services/National Park Service
Develops historic preservation policy and guidance on preserving and rehabilitating historic buildings, administers the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives Program for rehabilitating historic buildings.
- 1795-1948 Images of Lambertville’s Postal History, from the collection of Jim Walker
- 1860-1978 Newspapers, Searchable Online Archive of The Lambertville Beacon and The Lambertville Record
- 1903 Book, Early History of Lambertville, N.J. by Sarah A. Gallagher
- 1909 Booklet, Lambertville Up To Date, Growth, Development and Businesses
- 1926 Articles from the Proceedings of the New Jersey Historical Society
- 1928 Book, General Washington at Coryell’s Ferry by Hannah Coryell Anderson
- 1939 Documentary, Lambertville in the 1930’s
- 1949 Movie, The Lambertville Story, starring Paul Whiteman, written and directed by Justin Herman
- 1949 (revised 1970) Book, Lambertville, New Jersey from the Beginning as Coryell’s Ferry, by Alfred Petrie
- 1950 Radio program, This is Lambertville, as re-enacted in 2018 by the Lambertville Historical Society
- 1951 Movie, a short about the Music Circus.
- 1994 TV show, Lambertville, NJ, hosted by Mayor David DelVecchio
- 1996 Book, Lambertville and New Hope, by James Mastrich, Yvonne Warren and George Kline
- 2002 Book, Lambertville’s Legacy, by Edward Cohen
- 2011 Online Database, Along the Delaware & Raritan Canal, by Capt. Bill McKelvey
- 2013 Book: In the Beacon Light, Lambertville, NJ 1860 to 1900, by Sharon Bisaha
- 2015 Book: The Road Along the Rocks 1758: The Bungtown Road, by John and Barbara Hencheck
- 2015 Video: “An Evening with Jim Hamilton and Friends,” a New Hope Arts Presentation
- 2017 Report: Lasting Influences of Pre-Twentieth Century Industrialization in Lambertville, NJ, by Jesse Riegel
- 2017 Video: “Reflections on My City” with Jim Hamilton
- 2018 Booklet: The Story of Goat Hill, From the Revolutionary War to the Fight to Save It, by Tom Ogren
- 2019 Book: Another Haul: Narrative Stewardship and Cultural Sustainability at the Lewis Island Fishery, by Charlie Groth
- 2021 Newsletter: LHS profile in the League of Historical Societies of New Jersey (p. 4)
- Vintage Postcards: the J.B. Kline & Son Gallery
- Historic Images of Lambertville by West Jersey History Project
- Historic photos of the Delaware and Raritan Canal Commission
- Contemporary Images of Historic Lambertville by the Lambertville Historical Society
- 1851 map of Lambertville and Hunterdon County created by Lloyd Van Derveer & S.C. Cornell
- 1873 map of Lambertville north of Bridge St., published by Beers, Comstock & Cline
- 1873 map of Lambertville south of Bridge St., published by Beers, Comstock & Cline
- 1883 map of Lambertville created by O.H. Bailey & Co.
- 1885-1923 maps of Lambertville created by The Sanborn Map Company