Join LHS members in supporting our community during these extraordinarily challenging times.
Businesses and Entertainment
- Local Dining Pickup Guide and Local Essential Retailers Guide, created and updated by Liz Battaglia. http://www.lizbattaglia.com/covid19-takeout-delivery-dining-guide.html
- JB Kline performs Friday mornings at 10 am. Live stream via his Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/jbklineson
- Bronwyn Bird, Justin Nawn and their daughter Willow of The Birdhouse Center for the Arts play music and tell stories online for kids and kids at heart. Follow their new YouTube channel, The Wyn and the Willow.
- Delaware Valley Food Pantry has been providing food for needy families in the Lambertville – New Hope area since 1955. Visit their Facebook page or website and make a donation.
- Rolling Harvest Food Rescue provides essential produce and dairy to people. Visit their website to make a donation or get involved, http://rollingharvest.org/about/
- The Acme Screening Center offers online movie rentals and carpool cinema. Visit the website for instant access: http://www.acmescreeningroom.org/upcoming-events.
Healthcare and Community Resources
- Hunterdon Healthcare has created a COVID-19 Support Fund. Visit the website to make a donation:
- Renee Soto writes, “Keep a record in one or more different forms of your own choosing—a journal, a blog, an e-portfolio, a film, a series of artworks, a short story, poems, a series of haikus–of your life in these unprecedented days. Each individual perspective is valuable and adds to the whole. LHS could collect these works in an archive. It would be interesting to read many years from now.”
- Send happy pictures via email! Karen Cinkay writes, “Every day I send a “Cat of the Day” or a “Turtle of the Day” (their favorite animals) to my dear ones in NYC – I use the heading – ___ of the Day Monday, etc. I also recommend sharing recipes.”
- Remember service workers. An LHS member writes, “Every time I go to the supermarket, I buy a box of chocolates and give this to the checkout person, one if our frontline hero’s keeping us fed. Same for gas, mail, etc.”