Construction of this 18-room stone building as a single-family residence was begun in 1867 and took several years to complete for the founder and president of the Lambertville Iron Works. Masons were brought from Italy to hand-cut the stone for this outstanding example of picturesque Tuscan Revival with a three-story tower and detailed porches and cornices. Before returning to a residence in 2005, the home spent more than a half century in use as a church, an art gallery and then an interior design studio
This Queen Anne style house was built on land previously owned by early Lambertville families, such as the Holcombes and Lamberts. It has been preserved through its several owners over the years and the current ones continue to maintain and preserve the home and property.
Probably the oldest house still standing in Lambertville built circa 1756, this historic stone building also housed General George Washington and his officers twice during the Revolutionary War. Seven generations descending from John Holcombe occupied this home until 2021 when it was bought by the City of Lambertville.
This single-family house was constructed about 1884 and in a style that is known as 19th Century Vernacular with Italianate Influences. The house was purchased in 2018 from a family who had owned it since the 1940s, and the present owner has done extensive structural renovations. The home now exhibits a sophisticated decor focusing on work by local artists.
Built in 1830, this Federal style building with Italianate influences has served many purposes over the last two centuries. A gracious apartment on the second floor is featured on this year’s tour.
This two-story, 3 bay x 4 bay Italianate side-hall townhouse was built in 1874. It is an excellent example of an architecture that was popular in the mid 19th century, having a gabled roof with paired brackets, corbelled chimneys, and shuttered windows with arched openings. The house also sports a two-story Italianate porch on the side.
Erected in 1867 for use as a seminary and later as a Friends Meeting House, the wooden frame Vernacular Italianate building with the double entrances and two Tuscan-style towers, has been home to one of New Jersey’ oldest women’s clubs since 1893.